Evening Shade is my first theme that is originally designed and developed for WordPress. The concept
of Evening Shade is to give bloggers something new and something different with eye-catching visual
elements that are not normally seen with WordPress. The idea was to create a theme without
excessive scripts and bloated code and to keep it simple for anyone wanting to just blog without
worrying about complex structures.
I didn't add in a ton of widget positions for WordPress users or module positions for Joomla!
users because the Evening Shade theme is ultimately designed to be used as a
personal blog rather than a full-on cms based business website. With
Evening Shade, you can use it for a variety of concepts like
personal blogs, photographic blogs, maybe even for small
business blogging. WORDPRESS DEMO
** New Joomla Version Coming
Membership or Single Purchase
You have the choice of signing up for a membership to access all themes, theme updates, and of course, full support, or, you can purchase this theme as a single download. NOTE: If you want access to theme updates, I recommend signing up for a Personal Membership. For single purchases, there is a support "only" membership available for $10 per month.
- Built-in breadcrumb navigation
- Built-in Search
- Full equal height columns
- Main Menu with two sub-levels
- NEW Theme Control Panel with a variety of settings (this is new to this version)
- Some new tweaks to the widget positions
- Dynamic width widgets for the bottom area (can publish 1, 2, 3, or 4 widgets and they self-adjust their widths)
- Separate sidebars for the blog and for pages with ability to disable the Inset column
- New Showcase header options: Widget Showcase – using the Showcase widget for your own images for any pages, and a Content Slideshow – Add your own slideshow or content slider plugin for your front page
- NEW Menus for the Main menu, top menu, and a footer menu
- Built-in Search (next to the menu) so that no widget is needed
- Built-in support for the new WP Post thumbnail feature (with styling added)
- Pixel Showcase widget – custom widget with an image url field and the ability to title your widget for the admin only (no title on front-end)
- Pixel Text widget – based on the WP text widget, this one gives you a wider text field
- Custom 404 Page
Joomla Features (Coming Soon)
- 2 layout options: 2 columns (Mainbody + Right column), 1 column (mainbody).
- 7 Module positions - Fully collapsible
- Template Overrides for easy Joomla upgrades